Sunday, July 4, 2010

To understand the discoteche

The music you could hear in a discoteca is a mish-mash of English/American, Italian, and house music. Sometimes they play real oldies - like "The Twist," Beach Boys, and the Beatles. Other times, some American rock music may come on - but usually it's at least 5 years old. One night I was laughing the entire time - the DJ played everything from U2 to Good Charlotte. A friend asked my what was so funny when Good Charlotte was on, and I said this music is 10 years old; almost exactly 10 years ago I received my first CD for my 11th birthday - Good Charlotte's self-titled album. And then, of course, there's the house music. The pounding, pulsating beats and electronic voice of house, which you cannot listen to without dancings at least a little bit.

So in addition to the previous post about the beach clubs, this video provides a bit of audio - "the most popular song of the summer" they're calling it. To get the full impression - start the video at 0:47 - you never hear the full version on the dance floor.

1 comment: